How to get rid of Silver Fish?
In order to bring a Silver Fish infestation under control, inspection is always the most vital and first step.
Silver Fish are a small wingless insect which belongs to the family Animalia Kingdom. Commonly known as Paramites. Silverfish are known for their destructive feeding habits. If you find any silverfish inside your home, it is necessary to act as quickly as possible before they destroy valuable textiles.
PEST PREVENTION TIP’S
- Never leave out any food—particularly smelly food such as cheese—which could tempt pests inside
- When storing food, always ensure it is out of the reach of rats and mice, who can be particularly crafty; aim to store your provisions at least six inches above the floor,
- Block entry points and remain vigilant in the search for new signs of damage which could represent a pest’s attempts to gain access to your property
- Dispose of trash frequently, and always ensure that bins are sealed
- Always clean worktops, especially food preparation areas, before use. It may seem paranoid, but you never know when a pest may have spread disease onto your counters when you weren’t looking.