How to get rid of Fermentation Flies?
In order to bring a Fermentation Flies infestation under control, inspection is always the most vital and first step.
Attracted by the smell of fermenting foods, including bread and fruits, these flies are small but incredibly annoying. Their life cycle lasts only six days, meaning that an infestation can occur in as little as a week or two. As with all flies, they can spread the disease to your family incredibly easily.
PEST PREVENTION TIP'S
- Never leave out any food—particularly smelly food such as cheese—which could tempt pests inside
- When storing food, always ensure it is out of the reach of rats and mice, who can be particularly crafty; aim to store your provisions at least six inches above the floor,
- Block entry points and remain vigilant in the search for new signs of damage which could represent a pest’s attempts to gain access to your property
- Dispose of trash frequently, and always ensure that bins are sealed
- Always clean worktops, especially food preparation areas, before use. It may seem paranoid but you never know when a pest may have spread disease onto your counters when you weren’t looking