How to get rid of Brown Rats?
In order to bring a Brown Rat infestation under control, inspection is always the most vital and first step.
The Norway rat, commonly known as the sewer rat, is a long rat which is known to gnaw through important aspects of your commercial or residential property, including walls, wires, and insulation. They are of particular concern due to the diseases which they can spread, including cryptosporidiosis and Weil’s disease, and so getting a rat removal specialist is necessary for your health.
PEST PREVENTION TIP'S
- Never leave out any food—particularly smelly food such as cheese—which could tempt pests inside
- When storing food, always ensure it is out of the reach of rats and mice, who can be particularly crafty; aim to store your provisions at least six inches above the floor,
- Block entry points and remain vigilant in the search for new signs of damage which could represent a pest’s attempts to gain access to your property
- Dispose of trash frequently, and always ensure that bins are sealed
- Always clean worktops, especially food preparation areas, before use. It may seem paranoid but you never know when a pest may have spread disease onto your counters when you weren’t looking.