How to get rid of Australian Cockroaches?
In order to bring an Australian Cockroach infestation under control, inspection is always the most vital and first step.
Though slower growing and less prolific than the German cockroach, the Australian cockroach is a real nuisance due to its adoration of starchy foods such as the bindings of books, the glue in boxes, or pieces of clothing. Cockroaches can spread vast amounts of faeces throughout your home or property, so from both a health and happiness perspective, eradicating them and finding a good cockroach control strategy is vital.
PEST PREVENTION TIP’S
- Never leave out any food—particularly smelly food such as cheese—which could tempt pests inside
- When storing food, always ensure it is out of the reach of rats and mice, who can be particularly crafty; aim to store your provisions at least six inches above the floor,
- Block entry points and remain vigilant in the search for new signs of damage which could represent a pest’s attempts to gain access to your property
- Dispose of trash frequently, and always ensure that bins are sealed
- Always clean worktops, especially food preparation areas before use. It may seem paranoid, but you never know when a pest may have spread disease onto your counters when you weren’t looking.